Monday, November 5, 2012

Real Food For the Battle

I have to say the one thing that has helped and encouraged me tremendously...helped me fight the war over peace that I spoke of in Fight For Peace...was receiving texts, emails, and messages of Scripture verses from sweet people.  Like manna from heaven, these words were nurturing my soul and giving me ammo against Satan's whispers!  The Bible says, Man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD.” ~ Deuteronomy 8:3

Beth Moore, whom I adore, gave a suggestion in one of her studies to write Scripture verses on index cards for every season of your life.  Whatever season you are in, find verses in the Bible that encourage you through that specific challenge and write them down and carry them with you everywhere.  This way, when you are tempted to be discouraged or bury your head under the sheets and not get out of bed, you will have this saving manna at your fingertips to read and meditate over!  I've taken her suggestion with other topics such as finances, insecurities, and death and I can attest to the fact that God's Word is powerful and it is my shield and sword in times of weakness! 

Below are some verses that encourage us through any trials.  I wrote them on cards and had them with me through the storm...they were like a lighthouse and beacon through the darkness I was feeling!  

Will you take up this suggestion with the following verses?  It is what you need for the battle...the Word of God!  



I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy, for You have considered my trouble; You have known my soul in adversities, and have not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; You have set my feet in a wide place. Psalm 31:7,8

From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

In my distress I called upon the Lord. And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, and my cry came before Him, even to His ears.
Psalm 18:6


Trust in Him at all times; pour your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us. Psalm 62:8

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the waters, which spread out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.  Jeremiah 17:7

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You. Because he trusts in You.  Isaiah 26:3

God is my refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, I will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling. Psalm 46: 1-3

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by our brotherhood in the world. 1 Peter 4:8

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.  Nahum 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  2 Timothy 1:7

He is the One who goes before you. He will be with You, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.  Deuteronomy 31:8

We do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are unseen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.  2 Corinthians 4:18

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well! My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16

...Therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portions, says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:21-25

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-8

My grace is sufficient for you, my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore, most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9,10

We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance, and perseverance character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:3

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25

Blessings,

Anamaria
www.micumom.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment