Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A letter to my Abigail

Today marks 8 years since I first met you...since I had to let you go!  That day felt like a really sad dream, yet I remember is so vividly.  Every moment...holding and just staring at your precious little body...wondering how you could be gone!  

 And who would have thought that through you I would be changed...for the better?
Who would have thought that through you, God would literally become my Healer?
Who would have thought your life would be used to minister to so many others?
Who would have thought that through your death I would know joy and hope?
Who would have thought that through your death I would cease to fear death?
Who would have thought that having you...and saying goodbye to you...would make me stronger?
Who would have thought that because of you, I would experience Jesus so intimately and love Him so  much more?
Who would have thought that God would use you in our lives to be a testimony of His healing touch and amazing strength?

God knew...He knew.  He makes beauty from ashes and heals and strengthens and restores.  He is my Father who loves me, my Healer who tends to my heart, my Comfort and Peace!  He loves you and now has you!  How I praise Him for you and for loving you so!  My Abigail, you are so missed!  We think of you often...we talk of you  often, especially Eliana & Josiah, and we yearn for that day when we can meet again and spend eternity with Him in paradise!


Love,
your mama

If you'd like to read about Abigail's story, here is the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment