Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Longing for heaven...

 I had a great little conversation with my 3-year old son, Josiah, today! 

Out of the blue he says, "Mami, do you still have a baby in your tummy?" 

"No, baby, I don't anymore.  Do you remember where the baby went?"  

"Yeah, he went to baby heaven," he says.  "But I wanna go to baby heaven too...because I wanna see the baby boy!"  

"Yeah baby, we will one day go to heaven and we will meet our babies there!  Do you think our baby was a little boy?"

"Yes, he was.  I wanna go now mami, I wanna go to baby heaven now to see him!"

I was very surprised he had asked me about the baby...I had just experienced a miscarriage this month and at the time a few weeks ago, Josiah didn't seem to understand or care about what happened.  He was excited when we told him we were having a baby, but when we told him the baby went to heaven, there was no real reaction.

The conversation today was so precious...and I have this conversation often with my little kindergartner, Eliana.  I love how much they yearn to go to heaven...or as Eliana puts it, "I wanna see God's home...He can see my home, I wanna see His home!"  What a sweet reminder to me from the mouths of my kiddos to have an eternal perspective here on earth...to remember that we are on a journey and this is not our eternal home! 

I love Phillipians 3:20-21 which says,  "But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power that enables Him even to subject all things to Himself."

Praising God today for His mercy and love towards me, for providing a way for my salvation and the salvation of all who believe in Jesus, and the undeserved privilege of spending eternity with Him in His home!
 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."  
~John 3:16

Blessings,

Anamaria 

No comments:

Post a Comment